Friday, August 29, 2008

Mom without Kids Day......

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I had my open house at ERBC. I take care of the babies for Mother's Day Out. My "class" has babies 5 months up until over 1. Its a fun class. God has truly blessed me by giving me joy working with the sweet little ones.
Only two of the babies came to visit me yesterday and I sure did enjoy getting to know them. I was suppose to work 4 days but due to one baby dropping out I am down to 3. One of the babies was suppose to come every day and I just couldn't get a hold of her family to introduce myself. After telling Renee, the secretary, this she tried to contact the family. I did get a call last night and found out that this little baby, name Alana, has been diagnosed with leukemia. My heart just broke. She is 7 months old and so sweet. The family has moved to Pennsylvania. I tell you this so that everyone can be praying for her. She does have a Caringbridge website (love em) and here is the link......http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/blessedangelalana

School starts next week. Pray that I do get more babies so the enrollment will go up.

On a happier note.....I had my first social outing without the children today. WOW it was strange. I met my good friend Stephanie and her two girls at a local play place called "Play Nation." Its an indoor place with wooden swing sets and such that you can buy. It was fun to watch all the other children playing and enjoyed talking Stephanie's ear off. Thanks for being such a great listener and all around friend Stephanie.
We then went over to Duke's Sandwich shop for lunch and then back to Play Nation for a little more time of play.
I so enjoyed playing with her two little girls. I did miss my children but it was also nice not to worry about where they were, break up any fights and only had to pay for 1 lunch instead of 3. ALSO less expensive.

Now we are home and the children are unwinding by playing Xbox and will soon play on the computer. Praise God its Friday.

Have a Great Memorial Day Weekend.

Peace and Grace,

Jennifer and Family

No comments: